Monday, August 23, 2010

Yippee Ki Yo Ki Yay

Happy Monday!!  This week's Munchkin Theme is Cowboys!  Rootin, tootin, shootin cowboys.  Munchkin hasn't had much exposure to Cowboys (fictional or real) and it seems high time the lil pardner gets in the saddle.  Here's a round up of our planned Cowboy activities


Letter of the Week: H
Crafty Creative Sensory Activities:
  • H is for Horse letter craft (since Cowboys ride horses)
  • Bandanna matching game
  • Horseshoe sponge painting
  • Dowel rod 'hobby horse' races
  • Gold digging sensory tub


Books:
Songs:
  • Home on the Range
  • I'm a Little Cowboy (I'm a Little Teapot tune)
    • I'm a little cowboy here's my hat...here are my spurs and here are my chaps
    • When I get up, I work all day...then get on my horse and ride away

No comments:

Post a Comment